No Barcelona contact for Pjanic – agent

The 23-year-old’s representative insists he is yet to be contacted by the Blaugrana over any potential move, despite reports in Spain saying otherwise

Barcelona have not made an enquiry into Roma playmaker Miralem Pjanic, according to the player’s agent.

Reports emanating from Spain on Thursday had suggested that the Liga giants were set to bid €11 million for the 23-year-old this summer.

However, Pjanic’s representative Michele Gerbino has refuted the speculation and insists his client is content with Serie A life at the Stadio Olimpico.

“Miralem is totally focused on his future with Roma. He is happy with the club and has a lot of respect for the Giallorossi,” he told Calciomercato.it

“As for the interest from Barcelona, I have not heard anything that and I am yet to be contacted by them.

“They [Barca] have not made any plans to meet with Roma either.”

The Bosnia and Herzegovina international, who signed for the Giallorossi in 2011 following a three-year spell with Olympique Lyonnais, is contracted to the Italian capital club until 2015.

Pjanic: Roma must win the Coppa final

The attacking midfielder is relishing the up-coming clash against bitter rivals Lazio but has warned his side they cannot forget about their league form

Miralem Pjanic has described Roma’s up-coming Coppa Italia final with rivals Lazio as a must-win game for the club’s supporters.

The 23-year-old midfielder, who missed the semi-final win over Inter as he continues his recovery from injury, has warned his team-mates not to forget about their league campaign at the expense of the looming final – but has stressed how much a victory would mean to the Giallorossi faithful.

He told reporters at a club event: “It’s very important. The final against Lazio is one we must win. Fans will certainly be happy if we win, but there are still five games. The coach told us that we must not forget the championship, but he also keeps the cup in mind.”

Roma are currently sitting in sixth spot in Serie A, one place above their city rivals in the race for European qualification, and Pjanic believes the club’s revived league fortunes are down to a renewed sense of solidarity since the departure of former coach Zdenek Zeman earlier this year.

“I’ve always felt good and I want to continue with this team. It’s true that until now we have not got the results we expected, but there is a great future and this is a stable group that will build something big,” Pjanic went on.

“[Aurelio] Andreazzoli has brought together the group – before, there was a bit of a strange environment. The coach has worked hard, has given confidence to all of us, has always believed in us and gives us strength to finish the season well.”

Pjanic: Decision to sack Zeman was correct

The midfielder says the decision to sack his former boss was the right choice as the team try to improve their standing in Serie A, and adds he is not looking to leave the side

Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic has said that sacking former coach Zdenek Zeman was the correct decision in order to improve the club’s league position.

The 22-year old, whose side lie eighth in Serie A, said the team were not correctly set up, and added that they must now improve.

“Something had to change, as we didn’t have the right balance. All that counts is what is best for Roma,” he told reporters.

“Our all-attack style of play was our strength and also our biggest weakness. We must work hard to climb back up the table.”

Pjanic also played down rumours that he was close to leaving the Italian side, adding: “I have a contract with Roma and I’m happy, even if things aren’t going well. Anyone who wants me must talk to the club first.”

Barcelona and Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich have been rumoured to be interested in the Bosnian.

Pjanic sorry for Zeman after Roma sacking

The midfielder is upset at the way his coach’s spell at the club ended, with the home loss to Cagliari bringing an end to his tenure with the Giallorossi

Miralem Pjanic says he is “so sorry” for Zdenek Zeman after he was sacked by Roma on Saturday.

The 65-year-old coach was dismissed after a 4-2 home loss to Cagliari proved to be the final straw for the club’s directors.

The result saw the Giallorossi drop to eighth in the league having been unable to register a win in any of their past five league matches.

Pjanic believes the decision would not have been an easy one for the club, and hopes that Roma’s fans can get behind the team as they look to move forward under caretaker boss Aurelio Andreazzoli.

“It was certainly not an easy decision for our directors to make,” Pjanic wrote on his Facebook page.

“I am so sorry it ended this way and I wish the coach all the best. Now we must turn over a new leaf and I ask all of you to be united so we can bring normality back and emerge from this situation for the good of our Roma!”

Andreazzoli’s first game in charge will be away at Sampdoria next Sunday.

Pjanic concern at Roma's lack of clinical finishing

The Bosnia international feels the Giallorossi have improved defensively in recent weeks but was openly critical of his team’s front men who he says have been shy in front of goal

AS Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic believes his team need to score more goals if they are to challenge for a top-three spot in Serie A.

The capital side have not enjoyed a great start to the New Year with two defeats and one draw, and yet while they have the third worst defensive record in Serie A, the Bosnian feels it is in attack that his side need to improve.

“We are conceding fewer goals, but we need to be better up the other end,” he told the Roma Channel.

“This team has a great future and we have certainly improved over the last few weeks.

“But, we have to believe in ourselves more and that will come from more victories. The team is playing well, but we are in trouble because we cannot score though we are creating opportunities.

“We must not give up though as there is still a long way to go in the season.

“We definitely have the potential to finish in the top three, we just have to work hard and believe we can do it because anything can happen.”

The former Lyon player also outlined his team’s intention to make the final of the Coppa Italia while he revealed the words of encouragement that he shared with under-fire teammate Panagiotis Tachtsidis, who was recently booed by his own supporters. 

“In the second leg Inter will come at us,” he continued.

“But, we want to reach the final and we will do everything to win this trophy, no matter who we have to play.

 “I told him (Tachtsidis) that he must care for the pressure. We have all been there. It’s the first time that it has happened to him and he does not know how to react.

“I talked a bit with him and I just said to focus on playing and do not listen to them.”