Juventus forward Paulo Dybala says he is looking forward to the ‘beautiful’ return of Italian football, though admitted he is not yet 100% fit following his coronavirus diagnosis.
Dybala was one of the first high-profile footballers confirmed to have the virus while the pandemic swept Italy in the early stages of its European outbreak back in March.
He has since kept fans posted on his recovery via a series of heartwarming Instagram posts – crucially featuring Kaia, his show-stealing Shiba Inu puppy.
And with Juventus’ season to resume following a three-month hiatus this Friday, Dybala has said he has recovered and raring to get back out and entertain fans.
“I had coronavirus, but I feel much better now,” Dybala said, as quoted by Gianluca Di Marzio. “I am still not quite at 100 per cent, but I’m pretty good. We’re back to training now and football is coming back, so soon we’ll be able to do what we love the most.”
Juve’s season resumes with the visit of Milan in the Coppa Italia semi-final second leg, the aggregate score tied at 1-1 after Cristiano Ronaldo’s late penalty saved the game for the Old Lady at San Siro.
Much like what we’ve seen in Germany and what is planned in England and Spain, the resumption of the Italian season will see football take place on most days of the week, in order to keep fans entertained and finish the season as soon as possible.
That’s a prospect, Dybala says, which will only add to the magic of the sport.
“I hope we can have fun and entertain,” he added. “I think it will be useful because we will have many consecutive games.
“Everyone will have the opportunity to watch a different game every day. It will be beautiful.”
Dybala is enjoying a productive season in Turin, having netted 13 goals and registered 12 assists so far. Club CFO Fabio Paratici confirmed last month that talks are underway over extending his contract, as the 26-year-old’s renaissance continues following a challenging 2018/19.
For more from Robbie Copeland, follow him on Twitter!